Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by a number of materials, many of which resemble natural wood in their characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is taken by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures and colours, such flooring look magnificent and stylish, and fit with any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive need for floor tiles under laminate is explained not just by their presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly 1poshtoram.ru different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it is often employed as the main component for decorating floors.
Among the favorable properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat does not wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature changes, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it is not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mould;
- superb thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in high temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are not inferior to floors made of natural wood or stone.
No matter how perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate can include:
- The large price. The product, that can last over a dozen decades is pricey, but in operation, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The very first variant of the coat is obtained by the tech of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it’s made of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The end result is a lasting and beautiful ending material.
The two types of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are available.