Method 11: Disable The Additional Connection
If this is a particularly frequent problem, you may have to upgrade your internet package. For example, it can automatically throttle Bittorent bandwidth to avoid slowing down Netflix streams. Compare the measured speed results against the expected speed of the Internet connection you’re paying for. If you don’t know this, there’s a good chance you can find it on the bill for your Internet connection or your Internet service provider’s website.
Remove Network Configuration Files
when no one is using the shared line to your ISP rather than at 9 p.m. while everyone else in your neighborhood is using the line. We’ve all heard the rumors, and even seen occasional evidence.
- Security software that people use on their PC is intended to keep away intruders but they are likely to interrupt internet access when they identify a misbehaving device.
- These updates are designed not to disturb normal work and take place in the system background.
- Try flushing the the DNS resolver cache and then renew IP address.
- Most of this software relies on special databases updated at regular intervals by software vendors.
- When I get to the ipconfig /all stage, there are three paragraphs (for want of a better phrase) that have Local Area libegl.dll missing Connection in them.
TheInternet Health Testby Battle for the Net checks your Internet connection to see if there are problems at “interconnection points”. By checking a number of different routes, the tool will detect whether you’re experiencing degraded performance at one or more interconnection points. ISPs may sometimes degrade performance at these interconnection points unless the other provider pays an additional toll to the ISP. Note that other factors can also affect any type of speed test results. The time of day can also impact your Internet connection speeds.
Some Internet service providers slow down certain types of traffic, like Bittorent traffic. Other ISPs slow down their customers’ connections if they download too much data in a month.
Reinstall Network Drivers
Now, try going through your house and turning off the majority of your internet-connected devices, or at a minimum, turning off the wifi connection on those devices. Run your internet speed tests again and look to see if you can notice any uptick in download speeds. Are you stuck wondering why your internet seems to be slow all.the.time? There’s a good chance you, like most other people, are suffering from one of many issues that could be slowing down your internet speed.